What is it like to “be in trance”?
Instances of trance
- Did you daydream today? Of course you have.
- Remember that certain time you missed a freeway exit, because you were lost in thought or you were absorbed in a conversation with your passenger?
- Oh yeah, once I looked for my keys everywhere, when the other came. She pointed me out, they were right before my nose.
- Have you ever been so absorbed in reading your book you did not hear the other was saying to you?
- Remember vividly these feelings/sensations you experience when you were doing that thing you love doing so. Yes, that one time in particular. You know when! What is it?
Trance is characterized by: narrowed attention, dissociated awareness, and increased rapport with and access to the unconscious mind.
Trance is recognized by:
- LIGHT TRANCE:
- Relax, relaxation.
- Release the pulse and breath.
- Eyelids about half or catalepsy eye.
- Catalepsy of the limbs. (Typical use of muscle testing!!)
- Focuses on the inside.
- AVERAGE TRANCE:
- Reduction in receiving external stimuli.
- Possible partial amnesia.
- Increased perception.
- Illusion activates kinesthetic.
- Better quality visualization.
- DEEP TRANCE:
- You can open your eyes in trance.
- Deep concentration.
- You can limit your attention only to the words.
- Increased susceptibility to suggestions.
- Hallucination of sounds and pictures.
To keep it practical, imagine a balance with two scales. One is “negative” and one is “positive”. When the two scales are in balance, let us say you live in the .now.. When one of the scales is heavier, the more emphasize is put upon that side: “negative” or “positive”.
What is it like to live in the .now.?
You remember this state is present when you .are in the now.. Meaning your sensing/feeling is totally focussed on this moment. Everything you are doing, you do with heightend Attention.
- You sense/feel everything optimally.
- You sense/feel everything around you on a different level.
- You can broaden the limitations to your wishes.
- You can become aware of the energies that are at play.
- You can tune into the energy of the other.
- You have optimal rapport with your inner and outer world. Igor Ledochowski (Converstational Hypnosis) calls this state: “H plus”.
What does it mean, “one side or the other is heavier”?
Well, in short this means ….
- You ar NOT living in the .now..
- You do not have ears or eyes for what you are doing in particular.
- You are doing the things on .autopilot., while your sensing/feeling/thinking is being busy with “thing” your mind/conscious is focussing on.
When “negative” has the upper hand, you can label this as: “you keep yourself busy with a trigger you did not release yet or just not enough” [.not resolved issues.].
This can be something …
- from the past (obsession – necessity),
- you project in the future (fobia – desire),
- that is as a “red line” in your life (neurosis – drive),
- you crave for (addiction – possibility).
Your subconscious is offering this imagery/feeling/sensation so you to know/resolve now. Your system is in overload. There is simply no time to relax … or is there? Take a deep breath!
When “positive” has the upper hand, you can label this as: “you keep yourself busy with altered states of mind where you can have .out of body experiences. [OOBE]”. These are processes and imagenings, that are not related to .not resolved issues..
Or you are in – what is commonly known as – an hypnotic state . A state where you are deeply relaxed, your mind is relaxed and your body is relaxed. In this hypnotic state you can enter the realm of your subconscious [.in body experience.] You can talk to this .other I.. The one that supports you, protects you and wants to cooperate with your conscious. The goal of this state in general is to assist you to reprogram your subconscious to act in a different way. Thus supporting you to be able to live life to its fullest.
Now this is a black and white picture. But more often then not there are various shades of gray.
Train you neurological system to become more sensitive.
When you are relaxed, your brain is in a different state. It produces .alpha. waves and when you relax even deeper your brain produces .theta. waves. [Brainwaves]
Many studies have shown that it is benificial to train yourself to have your brain produce slower brainwaves (other then .Beta. waves).
Furthermore a .clear. neurological system – free from old triggers – can help you amp up the capacity of your neurological pathways, which is the main goal of meditation.
Practitioner Specialized Kinesiology
 Hypnosis – for me – is the whole picture of the balance with the scales. And the optimal hypnotic state is that of H plus, where you have the heightend awareness of the moment. The latter state can help a practitioner in healthcare – in general – to produce better result with his session.