How To Kickstart Your Dreams
What are your goals and dreams?
What do you want to use hypnosis to achieve?
And more importantly HOW are you going to do it?
You see I get a lot of questions about HOW to get things done so I wanted to share with you the “action management” system that I use.
I’ve written an article called, “How To Kickstart Your Dreams”
I hope you find it helpful…
Getting things done, manage Time better
This will make some people angry as hell, but it’s time to debunk the myth of ‘Time Management’ while sharing the real secret of getting things done.
Let’s face it, many so called “gurus” tell us to ‘manage time better’ or to become ‘ruthless with time’ if we want to achieve their level of success.
You cannot manage time itself. It continues along happily doing its thing, whatever you do.
I’ve read countless systems on ‘time management’ and the majority take so long to implement and keep track of, you get even less done than you did before!
Manage your actions. Action is destiny
If it’s impossible to manage time then manage your actions instead. This is the key to launching new projects, completing existing ones and to at least doubling your current output without having to do any more work.
Self-improvement celebrity, Tony Robbins, said “Action is destiny.” He’s spot on. If you start managing your actions, the impact on what you get done will amaze you and you’ll accomplish your goals and dreams.
Your 5 Simple Steps To Action Management
- Write down a master list of actions you need to do which directly lead you towards your goals.
Tip– Have at least 3-6 items on your daily manageable action list. Write this up the day before you use it. Depending on how many of these you complete determines whether you need to add more items to the list or whether you need to break the items down into smaller chunks instead.
- Set aside between 1 and 5 ‘Prime Action Hours’ every day. Prime time where you will do nothing except the most important activities. Refer to your master list and immediately cross each item out once it’s done. Tip – During your Prime Action Hours you DO NOT: Take phone calls, Check your email, Break for meetings, Chat with fellow office workers or friends or Read the mail. You need to get current outside distractions to support your new routine. If you work from home get agreement from your family to only interrupt you in an emergency during your prime action hours.
- Get Yourself a Timer and set it to 50 or 55 minutes. You work without distractions for this long during each prime action hour. Tip –This stretch of time gives you more efficiency by making you more accountable for what you do in each Prime Action Hour. It also lets you know when to take an important quick break.
- Carry a pen and paper or a voice recorder with you during your breaks between any Prime Action Hours.
Tip– During the breaks you’ll find new ideas, thoughts and strategies will surface in your mind. The brain often makes new connections as you relax after a very focused session. Make sure you jot them down to record them. You’ll find them invaluable. Don’t neglect to do this. An unrecorded idea is usually lost forever.
- Set yourself a weekly target. When you reach it, reward yourself how you like. You don’t need to do any more Prime Action Hours for the rest of the week.
Revise your weekly income target upwards at least every 90 days.
Tip – Having a weekly target gives your Prime Action Hours a specific goal to achieve. Purpose is the most important ingredient when it comes to action. For some people it’s realistic to do a maximum of five Prime Action Hours each day without impacting too much on the rest of the day. Some people will only manage one prime action hour each day. That’s okay. Over a year this will still amount to an enormous difference in you achieving your dreams.
Real power in these five steps
Don’t make the mistake of dismissing or forgetting what you just read. There’s real power in this quick and easy 5 step action management system.
In fact I urge you to start right now. Get out a piece of paper and write down your master list for tomorrow. It doesn’t matter if you can only manage one prime action hour to start with. You can increase the number as you create more focus for yourself.
I hope you found this article useful. And I hope you use its ideas to move your dreams or your life using hypnosis forward in a big way.
Cliff Mee – Street Hypnosis
Certified Master Ericksonian Hypnotist
Certified Hypnotherapist (American Board Of Hypnotherapy)
Accredited & Certified NLP Master Practitioner
Certified NLP Modelling by John Grinder (co-founder of NLP)
Certified Success Life Coach
(c) Street Hypnosis. All Rights Reserved 2011